Advanced Program in Corporate Governance and Institutional Development
- Providing participants with corporate governance concepts to promote good and effective governance management, familiarizing them with market rules in the domestic and international context, analyzing the Arab business environment and identifying the gap and transformation requirements in the period ahead
- Enabling participants to acquire the necessary tools of the government of institutions, protecting shareholders’ rights, and managing risk within the governance framework
- Enabling participants to acquire the skills of rewards and incentives governance, and the rules of disclosure and transparency
Who Should Attend?
- Board members, directors-general, executive managers and their assistants, financial managers, legal affairs managers, human resources managers, managers of planning and internal and external audit, business advisors and secretaries of departmental boards, officials of relevant ministries and central banks, and the personnel who are prepared to be a chairperson or a member of governance committees, and those who are desirous to develop themselves in the field of corporate governance
The concept of corporate governance and its importance to business success
- Monitoring and legislative framework for governance
- The concept of institutional governance and the stages of its development
- The role of governance in corporate institutional development
- Who manages the governance process and how does governance work?
- Legal and monitoring foundations of governance
- International governance practices and standards
- Principles of governance of contributing institutions, family institutions and government institutions
- Institutional governance steps and the role of the State in creating a legislative, institutional and regulatory framework for governance.
- Key references in governance applications
Principles and responsibilities of corporate governance
- The legal and monitoring framework for institutional governance
- Rules and standards of corporate governance in the Arab environment
- Appraisal of the principles of corporate governance
- The role and responsibility of boards of directors of institutions on governance
- The role of audit committees in corporate governance
- Risk management to service enterprise governance
- Corporate governance is one of the most important requirements for listing in bourse.
Governance of the board of directors and protection of shareholders’ rights
- How to design the general governance framework
- The role of executive and independent member
- How to form the board of directors and the committees that emanate from it
- How to design the regulation of the board of directors and committees
- Types of reports to be prepared for the management council and the committees
- The qualifications and competencies of council members in various activities and areas
- How to prepare the performance evaluation matrix for the board of directors and committees
- How to prepare and discuss the evaluation reports of the board of directors
- The relationship between the management council and executive management
- The concept of stakeholders and the protection of their rights
- How to prepare reports on the protection of the rights of stakeholders
- The role of oversight functions in the governance system
Rewards and benefits governance
- The concept of structuring rewards and the main components of the reward structure
- How to build an effective rewards policy
- The practice of applying rewards governance to members of the Board of Directors and executive management
- How to link rewards to business strategy and risk limits
- How to calculate the total rewards of the executive body
- Understanding differences and balance between fixed bonuses and variable rewards
- The concept of recovery for rewards and how it is applied on the ground.
- How to identify oversight functions rewards (internal audit, risk management, compliance)
- How to disclose rewards and what categories are disclosed
Risk management and governance
- How to prepare the risk register and plans to manage them
- Risk assessment methods and internal control systems.
- Risk management strategy and how it is linked to the enterprise strategy.
- What are the risk management reports and how are they prepared?
- How to read risk management reports and link them to enterprise activities
- Indicators of risk measurement and how they can be prepared and measured periodically.
Disclosure and transparency
- How to develop a policy of disclosure and transparency
- What are the disclosure aspects at the enterprises and personnel levels?
- How to develop procedural programs to follow up disclosure and transparency
- What is the role of the enterprise’s departments in the disclosure process?
- How to prepare a central function of disclosure
- Modern technology in the areas of disclosure and transparency
- Dealings with relevant parties and avoiding conflict of interest situations
- How to prepare the annual report
- How to prepare the disclosure in the annual report
- How to build disclosures on the institution’s website