Advanced program in the Department of Occupational Health and safety
- Familiarizing participants with the rules for the formulation of public policies for the management of occupational health and safety and the rules of security and safety in the institutions. The Program also provides practical means of awareness-raising, training of staff in institutions to deal with machines and risks and to carry out first aid tasks.
- Providing participants with the skills to prepare emergency plans and inspect the sites in accordance with the proper methodology for ensuring safety and health safety and prevention procedures.
- Providing participants with expertise and experience in the investigation of accidents and work injuries and conducting periodic checks and inspections.
Who Should Attend?
- Directors, Deputy and heads of sections and occupational health and safety units, and assistant Directors-General for occupational health and safety sectors in the public and the private sectors or community organizations, those who are qualified for those positions, and those who are desirous to develop their skills in the field of occupational health and safety.
Public policy and awareness raising of occupational health and safety issues
- General policy specifications for occupational safety and health.
- Statement of occupational safety and health and how it is published in the enterprise.
- Occupational Health and Safety Committee at the institutions.
- Training in the event of an accident or making modification of the standard systems.
- Preparing periodical bulletins, publish news and publishing expressive posters.
Preparation and planning for emergencies and surprises
- Elements of an emergency plan.
- Fires and explosions.
- Leakage of hazardous chemicals or flammable gases.
- Earthquakes, collapsing buildings and services.
- Threating of bombings and terrorist and acts.
Investigation of accidents, work injuries, preparation of reports and statistics
- Injuries and accidents that must be reported.
- Proper reporting rules and methods.
- Types of accidents and injuries that will be investigated.
- Responsibility for conducting investigations.
- Types of models used in cases of reporting and investigation of injuries or accidents.
- Statistics that must be on accidents and injuries.
Inspection of different work sites using test forms
- Periodic inspection of workplaces, risk identification and awareness-raising.
- Occupational safety and health legislation and inspection of work sites.
- Rules for the inspection of equipment, machinery and relevant models.
Safety rules and guidelines and safe work systems
- Safety equipment for personal protection..
- Ear protectors, hand protectors, head protectors.
- Safety belts and cords, respiratory protectors.
- Firefighting equipment and fire prevention tools.
- Occupational health.