Advanced Techniques in Detecting Money Laundering and Fraud in the Financial statement
- Familiarizing participants with the various manifestations of fraud, misrepresentation, financial corruption, money laundering and fraud in financial statements.
- Enabling participants to acquire the skills to detect money laundering, financial fraud, financial corruption, ways and means and procedures to combat them.
- Clarifying the methods used by professional organizations to ensure that the risk of money laundering is managed at the most effective level
- Providing participants with the latest publications of professional organizations and international auditing standards regarding corruption and financial distortion.
- Reviewing the experience of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) in the risks of fraud and financial corruption.
- Empowering participants to diagnose and forecast the risks of financial fraud through a number of practical issues and practices.
- Empowering participants to control and detect financial fraud and distortions in the financial statements through modern tools and using computers.
Who Should Attend?
Directors of internal oversight, audit and review departments and their deputies, auditors, internal and external auditors and financial advisors and jurists, managers of human resources, procurements and marketing, officials of money-laundering units and all those involved in detecting financial deception and fraud, the personal who are qualified to perform such tasks, and those who wish to develop their oversight skills.
Concept, types and methods of financial fraud
- The concept of embezzlement, financial fraud and the difference between it and errors.
Manipulation of accounts, bribery, embezzlement and theft.
- Abuse of the job, courtesy of the relationship, issuing financial statements that do not reflect the truth.
- The phenomenon of fraud and corruption in enterprises.
Entities that can make financial fraud.
- The most important factors for the existence of fraud.
- Practical cases.
Means of detecting and preventing fraud
- Creating an anti-deception and anti-fraud environment.
- Training and awareness-raising on deception and fraud.
- Means to encourage the reporting of fraud.
- Pre-employment investigation.
- Other means to reduce deception.
- Deception investigation and detection plan.
Advanced strategies of the seizure of financial embezzlement in the light of international standards
- Accounting deception detection strategies in the light of international accounting standards.
- Techniques of auditing and detecting embezzlement in the light of international auditing standards.
- Internal audit and detecting the embezzlement and accounting tricks by using computer.
Various applications and practical situations.
Methods of detecting fraud and deception using computer analytical inspecting procedures
- Analytical inspection and initial procedures.
- Planning and testing for analytical inspection performance.
- inspecting the significant deviations.
- Documenting analytical inspection procedures.
- Applying the analytical inspection procedures to cash transactions.
- Applying the analytical inspection procedures to inventory and warehouse administrations.
- Sales and collection management, human resources and procurement and warehouse management.
- Practical applications using the computer.
Electronic internal control systems for the prevention of financial fraud
- Internal control, and its sections.
- The relationship between internal control branches and control methods.
- Internal control structure inspection tools.
- Internal control structure inspection strategies.
- Fundamentals components of the internal control system.
- Practical applications in building internal control systems on cash operations, warehouses, fixed assets.
- Cases of financial fraud and prevention by using microcomputers.
- Cases of financial fraud and prevention in the context of computer systems.
- Cases of financial fraud and prevention under database systems.