Coating Inspection Pipeline Course
- This course gives the participants a good theoretical understanding of corrosion, as well as the practical tools needed for carrying out inspections of steel structures in the ‘battle against corrosion.
- Learning how to design Metal coatings.
- Understanding surface preparation standards.
- Being familiar with specified coating conditions.
- Being able to troubleshoot coating faults systems.
Who should attend?
- Petroleum engineers.
- Production and reservoir staff.
- Quality control staff.
- Those who are involved in coating inspection.
- Rusting on metals.
- Surface preparation methods & standards.
- Surface contaminants and tests for detection.
- Duties of an inspector.
- Solutions and dispersions.
- Drying and curing of paint films.
- Paint constituents and basic technology.
- Paint systems.
- Water borne coatings.
- Paint manufacture.
- Health and safety.
- Testing of paints for properties and performance.
- Film thicknesses.
- Specified coating conditions.
- Cathodic protection.
- Holiday/Pinhole detection.
- Paint application.
- Metal coatings.
- Coating faults.