Executive Secretariat and Contemporary Office Management
- Familiarizing and informing participants with modern techniques in the planning, organization and management of top leadership offices and effective correspondence and communication bases.
- Enabling participants to acquire the effective communication skills and building a strong network of relationships with different units and sectors of the enterprises.
- Enabling participants to acquire the skills of preparing the managerial reports, internal and external correspondence, and skills to deal with etiquette and protocol rules.
- Providing participants with the necessary expertise and experiences in managing meetings, telephone communication, the arts of protocols and decrees, and all related to the development of the performance and efficiency of the Office managers and the Executive secretaries.
Who Should Attend?
- Directors of senior leadership offices, such chairmen of boards of departments, ministers, directors-general, executive directors, secretaries-general and their deputies, directors of sectors and units offices in various institutions, governmental and private bodies, civil society organizations and community-related organizations, and those who are rehabilitated and prepared them to take over the aforementioned positions, and those who are desirous to develop their skills and abilities in the field.
Contemporary concepts of office and secretarial management
- The concept of Executive Secretariat and office management.
- Organizational structure of office management and staff relations in office.
- Functions, responsibilities and features of the Director of the Office, the Administrative Assistant and the Executive Secretary.
- Elements and rules of work with leadership and organization of work.
- Special skills of office managers and a balanced personality.
Skills of planning and organization of work
- The administrative assistant’s role in the establishment, and the features of the administrative assistant.
- Office planning, agenda preparation, meeting minutes and organization of travel.
- Plans of Departments and administrative units and the Director’s follow-up to achieve them.
- Organization of office work: dates, time, prioritization of work.
- Streamlining and distributing office work procedures.
Techniques in the organization of files and documents
- The importance of office communications and archiving of documents.
- Archival control systems.
- Classifying, coding and indexing.
- Archiving and retrieval of correspondence and documents.
- Sorting, deporting and destroying archives.
- Using modern techniques and devices in the field of handling, Archiving and retrieval.
Preparation of reports and correspondence
- The concept and types of correspondence and reports.
- Writing of correspondence and reports style.
- Computing, adjusting correspondence and reporting..
- Correspondence, reports and internal notes.
- Common errors in writing correspondence and reports.
Effective communication skills
- Dealing with others and work pressures.
- Communication skills, time management and priority setting.
- Organizing meetings and organizing travel.
- Handling of office communications.
- Handling phone calls, and dealing with visitors.
Self-development of administrative assistants and etiquette
- The concept of etiquette, rules and importance in office management.
- Developing the concepts and positive attitudes of the work team..
- Building the telephonic personality, skill of team delegation.