Hazardous Area Requirements for Electrical Equipment
- This course is designed for personnel working within hazardous area environments. The course provides a theoretical overview of the hazards associated with installing, operating and maintaining electrical equipment within potentially explosive areas.
- To provide personnel working within potentially explosive environments with sufficient knowledge, and detail to ensure that they perform any task relating to the installation, operation & maintenance of electrical equipment safety.
Who Should Attend?
- All personnel in any position within a company working on a plant/installation or within any environment which contains hazardous gases/vapours/dusts that are potentially explosive. This particularly applies to personnel involved with operating or working with any electrical plant/equipment or machinery in the oil & gas industry.
- Definitions of hazardous areas.
- Protection concepts.
- Hazardous area classification.
- Gas groups.
- Flash point.
- Ignition temperatures.
- Explosive limits LEL/UEL.
- Zone definitions 0 1 and 2 safe areas.
- Temperature classification.
- Equipment selection.
- Labelling and certification to CENELEC.
- ATEX directives.
- Duties of the installer, manufacturer & operator.
- Inspections & maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Intrinsically safe (IS) equipment and systems.