Introduction to Drilling Engineering
- The course will present an overview of oil and gas well drilling operations from start to finish. The course includes discussions of drilling technology, drilling rig components, basic drilling fluids and hydraulics coverage, cementing operations, discussions on downhole pressures, drilling problems and solutions
- At the end of the course delegates will learn about basic drilling operations both onshore and offshore, the sequence of processes, basic components and functions of a drilling rig, drilling economics, formation and fracture pressures, drilling problems and well control procedures, cementing, directional drilling and basic logging operations.
Who Should Attend
- Fresh Well Engineers.
- Tool Pushers / Drilling Supervisors.
- Fluid Laboratory Specialists.
- Operations Personal.
- Production & Completion Engineers.
- Introduction and Terminology.
- Overview of drilling operations.
- drilling process onshore and offshore.
- drilling economics.
- rig components.
- drilling bits.
- formation pressures.
- well control.
- prediction and detection of abnormal pressures.
- primary and secondary well control.
- BOP equipment.
- killing procedures.
- drilling fluids.
- optimization of bit hydraulics.
- casing design.
- cement properties.
- directional drilling.
- directional drilling tools and BHAs.
- measurement while drilling.
- well logging.
- Drilling Economics.
- Summary & Recap.