Modern Skills of Competency-based Training
- Providing participants with modern concepts of the training process and the principles of competency-based training methodology
- Enabling participants to acquire the skills of formulating the objectives and contents of the training course in application of the principles of competency-based training.
- Applying training strategies and accompanying them with competency-based training, for training courses and activities.
- Enabling participants to acquire the skills of training delivery and training activities in application of the competency-based approach, and effective evaluation of training activity through the competency-based approach.
- Providing participants with practical expertise and experiences so that they can prepare and implement training courses using the competency-based approach in a highly efficient and effective manner.
Who Should Attend?
- Assistants of directors-general, executive managers, secretaries-general of the human resources and training sectors and units, managers and heads of sections of the human resource and training units, internal development and organization, manpower planning managers and managerial and organizational advisors in various institutions, those who are prepared and rehabilitated them to assume the aforementioned positions and those who wish to develop their skills in the field.
Modern concepts of the training process
- The modern concept of the training process.
- The relationship between training and investment in human capital.
- Modern methodology and requirements for training processes.
- Modern thinking in strategic planning for training.
- Types of training and essential elements of the effectiveness of training.
Basic principles of the competency methodology
- The concept of the competency and its multiple meanings.
- Competency goals and methodology for their implementation.
- Competency types: visible and latent competency.
- Focusing on observable results and change.
- Developing and improving the identification of training needs.
- Evaluating the competencies to control the variables.
- Developing and improving the acquired skills.
Competency- based training activities
- Competency- based training approach in identifying the training needs.
- Linking training objectives to targeted competencies.
- Basic steps to design and implement Competency-based training.
- Program design activities and training materials.
- Activities of the selection of competency- based training courses.
- Implementation of training, presentation and delivering.
Steps to design competency – based training courses
- Identifying the competencies required to perform the work.
- Defining learning objectives for the program and its constituents units.
- Identifying the training outputs.
- Design training activities and defining the required criteria for measuring training outputs.
- Identifying and establishing the process that enables the trainee to acquire the competencies that he learnt.
Evaluation of training based on competency approach and its practical applications
- Tools for assessment and measurement of the competency-based training approach.
- Assessing and measuring effectiveness using the Kirkpatrick model.
- Practical applications for designing and implementing training through the competency approach.
- Presenting practical practices and experiences