Natural Gas Processing: Dehydration, Refrigeration and Fractionation Optimization
- This intensive course is designed to familiarize technical professionals with the design and operation of several common gas plant processing blocks. The course will explain dehydration systems used in typical field gathering and plant facilities, including a review of options available. The course will explain on mechanical propane refrigeration systems typically used in Hydrocarbon Dew point and NGL Recovery systems, including a review of design and performance enhancements. The course will also discuss on tower operations and troubleshooting used in absorption and fractionation services, with optimization and key performance indicators discussed for each tower in each application. The course is aimed at engineers, technologists and operators involved in the operation and optimization of gas processing facilities.
- By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identify chemical composition of natural gas.
- Identify basic terminology (Atom, Chemical Compounds and Molecules, Physical Compounds,
- Relative Atomic Mass, Relative Molecular Mass, The Mole, Valence and Mixture).
- Know the Gas Properties.
- Identify the gas processing schemes.
- Understand gas process flow.
- Understand Water Hydrocarbon System Behaviours.
- Identify Gas Dehydration Systems and its components.
- How to operate and trouble shoot Gas Dehydration Systems.
Who Should Attend?
- This course is intended for all engineers, technologists, senior operators, and operators who are directly working and involved in operation and optimization of gas processing facilities.
- Introduction to Basics of Gas Processing.
- Basic Terminology.
- Elements and Atoms.
- Chemical Compounds and Molecules.
- Physical Compounds.
- Relative Atomic Mass (Weight).
- Relative Molecular Mass (Weight).
- The Mole.
- Basic Hydrocarbon Nomenclature.
- Classification of Hydrocarbons.
- Paraffin Series.
- Olefin or Ethylene Series.
- Acetylene or Alkyne Series.
- Diolefins Series.
- Aromatic (Benzene) Series.
- Naphthene Series.
- Paraffin Hydrocarbon Compounds.
- Other Carbon-Sulfur Compounds.
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds – Amines.
- Hydrocarbon Fluids.
- Types of Fluids.
- Basic Gas Laws.
- Gas Properties.
- Physical Properties of Gas Mixtures.
- Chemical Composition of Natural Gas.
- Analysis of Gas Mixtures.
- Introduction to Natural Gas Processing Industry.
- General Gas Plant Process Schemes.
- Types of Gas Plants.
- Gas Dehydration Unit Operation.
- Water Hydrocarbon System Behavior.
- Water Content in Natural Gas.
- Water Dew Point.
- Dew Point Depression.
- Hydrate Control in Natural Gas Systems.
- Gas Dehydration Systems.
- Absorption Using Liquid Desiccants.
- Hydrate Inhibition in Low Temperature Processing Plant.
- Hydrate Inhibition in Gas Pipelines.
- Adsorption Using Solid Desiccants.
- Expansion Refrigeration.
- Course Conclusion.
- POST-TEST and EVALUATION.