Oil field Laboratory Equipment and Analysis
- This training course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge, experience and confidence needed to understand and effectively use different laboratory equipment and perform effective analysis in oil and gas laboratories.
- Through the course participants will be exposed to a wide range of equipment used in the oil and gas laboratories and their use including Flash point and RVP apparatus, API hydrometer, Pipette apparatus, Wet Sieving Apparatus, Centrifuge, Micro centrifuge Tubes, Pipettes, Pipette Bulbs, Mixers & Stir Bars, vortexes, Water Baths, Beakers, Flasks, Media Bottles, PH Meters, and Spectrophotometer.
- They will learn the standard test procedures and learn how to test and analyze samples of crude oil and petroleum products during processing stages and us different laboratory equipment effectively.
- The course also provides information about physical and health hazards present within a laboratory and explains safe lab practices to minimize the risk of spills and chemical or biological exposure.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone with responsibility for laboratory operations.
- HSE Staff and Managers.
- Chemical Account Managers.
- Service Technicians.
- Production Supervisors and Operators.
- Offshore Chemists.
Recommendations to improve treatments and analyzes specific to crude oil:
- Specific gravity or density.
- Vapor Pressure (Reid VP).
- Water content: Basic Sediment & Water (BSW), dean stark distillation.
- Salt content: chlorides content, conductivity.
- Acid components content:
- H2S content (methylene blue).
- H2S & Mercaptans by Potentiometry.
- Total Acid Number (TAN) of liquid
- Fluid rheology: pour point, kinematic viscosity, wax content.
Analyzes specific to gas
- Gas characterization analyzes:
- Dew Point (HC & Water).
- Gas composition by Gas Phase Chromatography (GPC).
- Gas Specific Gravity estimate from composition.
- Acid components content:
- H2S content (Dräger), H2S & Mercaptans content (potentiometry, iodometry).
- CO2 content (Dräger & acidimetry).
Analyzes for the follow-up of effluent treatment operations:
- Demulsifiers evaluation & selection (bottle tests, field tests).
- Quality controls/monitoring of poor and rich Triethyleneglycol (TEG):
- Water content, pH.
- Hydrocarbon content.
- Follow-up of equipment performances: water content, residual emulsion.
Analyzes done to optimize anti-corrosion treatments
- Deposits and scale analyzes.
- Chemical corrosion and bacterial corrosion appraisal.
- Recommendations for chemical additives and treatments.
HSE in laboratory activities
- Laboratory facilities design and implementation.
- Chemicals management (storage and handling)
- Occupational Health and Safety behavior.