Pipeline Inspection and Testing
- The intent and objective of this course is to provide the participants with the information relative to the basic concepts and principals involved with the design, inspection and testing of pipeline, Guidelines and notes, Piping arrangement, Stress on piping, Valves in piping design, Make maintenance simple, P & ID, Design points, Graphic method for finding loads on support, Pumps, Compressors, Fundamentals of fluid flow, Computer applications, Piping inspection code, Inspection of buried piping, Risk based inspection.
- Know about design concepts of pipeline.
- Preparing for inspection and testing procedures.
- Preparing for pressure and flow rate balancing procedures.
- How to make a maintenance plan for pipeline.
- How to evaluate the equipment life.
Who Should Attend?
- Applicable to all personnel working in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, and who are involved in the design, procurement, engineering construction, operation, maintenance and inspection of pressure vessel and related facilities.
- Interpreting ASME and API Codes.
- Introduction to API 510 and its Practices.
- API 510 Frequency and Data Evaluation.
- API 510 Repair, Alteration and Rerating.
- ASME Section VIII Design including Hydrostatic and Pneumatic Tests and Test Gauges.
- ASME Requirement for Welding and NDE including Service Restrictions and Joint Efficiencies.
- ASME Section IX Welding Requirements and Welding Qualifications.
- API 572 – Inspection of Pressure Vessels.
- API 571 – Damage Mechanisms.
- API 576 – Inspection of Pressure Relieving Devices.
- ASME Section VIII and API 510 Heat Treatment.
- Impact Testing.
- ASME Section V – NDE Requirements.
- Practice Examination – Closed Book.
- Practice Examination – Open Book.