Preparation of Financial Reports and Analysis and Financial Scrutiny in Government Sectors
- Familiarizing participants with recent concepts in the area of financial reporting and concepts of financial analysis and financial scrutiny of financial institutions and sectors of government institutions.
- Supporting the practical skills of participants for the purposes of practising the function of financial analyst with the highest degree of efficiency and neutrality using modern techniques.
- Providing basic guidance that helps in the effective formulation, presentation and submission of financial reports.
- Enabling participants to acquire the skills to analyze and interpret the components of government budgets, and to analyze and examine government budgets based on recognized financial standards.
- Providing participants’ experiences with practical and applied experiences and cases to enable them to carry out professional analysis and scrutiny in the government sector.
Who Should Attend?
- Heads of financial units, financial managers and their assistants, directors-general of financial institutions, managers of the oversight, auditing and reviewing sectors and financial advisors and external auditors and personnel who are responsible for making decisions about the costs of investment, procurement and funding, various governmental sectors, those who are rehabilitated to take up such positions, and those who wish to develop their skills in the field.
Principles and methods of preparing and presenting the financial reports
- The concept of preparation and presentation of financial reports.
- Financial reporting presenting methods.
- Digital and graphical presentation of the report.
- Using the “Z” method to present the report data.
- The stages of preparation and presentation of financial reports.
Skills of preparing and presenting reports according to their purposes
- Preparing reports for the purposes of building the overall plan and budget:
- Current budget for uses and resources.
- Capital budget.
- Problems of surveying and assessing the feasibility of public projects.
- Preparing and presenting reports for the purposes of follow-up and financial control:
- On safes and warehouses.
- On receipts and payments.
- On purchases.
- On permanent and temporary advances, on the covenant and the advances.
Skills for preparing and presenting reports for the purposes of effectiveness evaluation
- Program of scrutiny the expenses and revenues of government units and public units of an economic nature.
- Program of scrutiny the assets and liabilities..
- The role of external oversight bodies in assessing and improving the performance of government units.
- Workshop: Forms of oversight reports in government units and public economy units.
Analysis and interpretation of government budget components
- Budget of the administrative apparatus of the State and public entities.
- Divisions of government budgets and the budget of economic entities.
- Various practical cases of different types of government budgets.
- Steps to inspect budgets and final accounts.
- The most important elements of the analysis involved in the inspecting the balance sheet and the final accounts.
Analysis and inspection of government budgets
- Analysis and analytical inspection of government budgets.
- The nature of the procedures for the analytical inspection of government budgets.
- The objectives and timing of the analytical inspection procedures.
- Planning of analytical inspection procedures..
- Extent of reliance on analytical inspection procedures for government budgets.
- Financial analysis of government budgets.
- Uses of financial analysis.
- Methods of financial analysis of government budgets..
- Various practical situations.