Safety and Occupational Health
- In this course, participants will be introduced to the basic industrial safety and health incorporating OSHA/WISHA rules and regulations, personal protective equipment, chemical safety, tool safety, material handling safety, machine safety, electrical safety, fire protection, health protection and safe working practices.
- Being able to identify basic safety hazards.
- Learning how to document and record incidents and accidents in the workplace.
- Identifying basic methods of hazard control.
Who Should Attend?
- Supervisors with safety and health responsibilities.
- Safety inspectors and safety officers.
- Safety directors, managers.
- Make Safety Work.
- Responsibility for safety.
- Accidents and injuries.
- The accident chain.
- Built in hazards.
- Human influences on safety.
- The accident prevention plan.
- Work Area Safety.
- Safety where you work.
- Safety around machinery.
- Safety at heights – fall protection.
- Safety in enclosed areas – confined space entry.
- Chemical Safety.
- Safe Material Handling.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Material handling injuries.
- Material handling equipment and tools.
- Powered industrial trucks and forklifts.
- Hoist and cranes.
- Rigging, wire, and nylon ropes and slings.
- Material and chemical storage.
- Tool and Equipment Safety.
- Hand tools.
- Air and electric powered hand tools.
- Explosive powered tools.
- Certification for explosive power tools.
- Fixed and portable ladders and scaffolds.
- Machinery Safeguards.
- Machinery guarding.
- Lockout/tagout of machinery.
- Barriers and enclosure guards.
- Controls and operating safety.