Skills in Dealing with and Negotiating Security Problems
- Familiarizing participants with contemporary knowledge of the analyzing and handling of security problems and freeing up the concept of negotiation processes to solve problems.
- Enabling participants to acquire the persuasion skills and influencing others and using them to solve security problems.
- Providing participants with the necessary knowledge of security negotiation rules and strategies, and to develop relationships aimed at controlling the security situation.
- Providing participants with practical experiences and representing roles in negotiation processes that enable them to develop their negotiating behaviour and using it to address security challenges and problems.
Who Should Attend?
- Officers and non-commissioned officers and members of the Public Security services (police), officers and non-commissioned officers and members of other security services, whether in the security sector or in various units of security in ministries and government organizations, those who are prepared to take on security tasks, and who are desirous to learn and acquire information in the security field that increases their security sense.
Nature and dimensions of the negotiation process
- Negotiation and effective communication.
- Differences between communication and negotiation and when they are applied.
- Differences between dialogue and negotiation and when they are applied.
- Differences between persuasion and negotiation and when they are applied.
- Negotiation process, inputs, treatments, tools and expected outputs of it.
Mechanisms of persuasion and impact models
- Four impact models and a process of persuasion and negotiation
- The model of persuasion, its mechanism, and practical examples of it and how to take advantage of it.
- Negotiation model, its mechanism, practical examples of it and how to take advantage of it.
- The model of intolerance, its mechanism and practical examples and how to take advantage of it.
- Model of polarization (disharmony), its mechanism, and practical examples of it and how to take advantage of it.
Crisis management and security problems
- Phases of security crisis management.
- Types of security crises and analysis of their dimensions.
- Constraints and phases of dealing with security crises.
- Multilateral impact of the security crisis.
- Application and long-term complexity.
- Rules and principles of crisis management.
- Analyzing the public relations of the crisis.
Effective communication in security work
- The purpose of the communication process.
- Stages of the communications process.
- Studying and analyzing major communications problems.
- Studying and analyzing the methods to improve communication skills.
- Listening skills in the communication process.
Security crises and problems
- Key entry and parameters of security systems.
- Relationships between crisis and associated concepts.
- Information systems and their role in supporting the security decision.
- Scenario systems in managing of security crises.
- Portfolio of security crises, sabotage, terrorism and disasters operations..
- Technical guide to security crisis management systems.