Technical Management of Power Plants
- Familiarizing participants with modern technical information on the operation and maintenance of diesel-generating plants and informing them of the basic principles in the operation and maintenance of the generating plants using diesel generators.
- Providing participants with the necessary skills of making decisions that help to keep tasks and employees at work and reduce cost while maintaining quality of performance and work.
- Preparing and rehabilitating of the trainee for the maintenance and repair of equipment for diesel-generating plants.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and supervisors of power plants, engineers, technicians and directors of engineering and electrical departments in various private and public institutions, and those who are rehabilitated to the aforementioned positions.
Managerial skills of technical managers
- Business planning and goal formulating.
- Internal organizing and dividing and distribution of tasks.
- Determining proportionate responsibilities and powers.
- Follow-up and periodic evaluation rules
Effective management of the work team
- The nature and importance of the task forces.
- Steps to create and build a team.
- Leading team members.
- Directing and coordinating the efforts of the team members.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Resolving the dispute among the members of the group.
- Developing team performance.
Methods of generating electric power and diesel generating plants
- Types of power generation methods.
- The general concept of diesel generators.
- Operating diesel generating plants.
- Operating diesel generators in parallel.
- Using Synchronization system.
Maintenance and malfunctions
- Being familiar with philosophy and strategy of maintenance.
- Electrical maintenance of diesel generating plants.
- Mechanical maintenance of diesel generating plants.
- Causes and symptoms of malfunction and repairing the diesel generator of whatever type.
- Maintenance of the cooling water system.
- Detailed explanation of all faults and how to deal with them.