Managerial and Supervisory Skills of Contemporary Office Managers
- Familiarizing participants with the modern and contemporary concept of office work and office management, focusing on the duties, responsibilities and essential functions of office managers.
- Improving the managerial and behavioural skills of participants to enable them to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of performance and providing them with the latest the technological means and methods used in the management of offices and the developing their technical and managerial capacities to use them.
- Enabling participants to acquire the skills to plan and organize office work and effective communication skills and building a strong network of relationships with various units and sectors of the enterprise.
- Providing participants with the necessary expertise and experience in the management of meetings and telephone communication, and everything involved in the development of the performance and efficiency of contemporary office secretaries and managers.
Who Should Attend?
- Directors of top leadership offices, such chairmen of boards of departments, ministers, directors-general, executive directors, secretaries-general and their deputies, directors of sectors and units offices in various institutions, governmental and private bodies, civil society organizations and community-related organizations, and those who are rehabilitated and prepared them to take over the aforementioned positions, and those who are desirous to develop their skills and abilities in the field.
Modern concepts of office and secretariat management
- Executive Secretariat and office management.
- Organizational structure of office management and staff relations in office
- Functions, responsibilities and features of the Office manage, the Administrative Assistant and the Executive Secretary..
- Elements and rules of work with leaderships and organization of work..
- Special skills of office managers and a balanced personality.
Skills of planning and organization of work
- The administrative assistant’s role in the establishment, and the features of the administrative assistant.
- Office planning, agenda preparation, meeting minutes and organization of travel..
- Plans of Departments and administrative units and the Director’s follow-up to achieve them.
- Organizing office work: dates, time, prioritization of work.
- Streamlining and distributing office work procedures.
Organization of the offices of the leaders and executive heads
- The concept and principles of office organization.
- General principles for the organization of secretarial offices..
- Steps to organize the office and reorganize the office.
- Work office supervision systems.
- Organizing office workflow – time management and prioritization.
- Procedures manuals.
Effective communication skills
- Dealing with others and work pressures.
- Communication skills, time management and priority setting..
- Organizing meetings and organizing travel.
- Handling of office communications.
- Handling phone calls, and dealing with visitors.
Professional skills of office managers
- The management information system and the role of the office manager.
- How to provide the information necessary for decision-making and follow-up.
- Skills of streamlining and improving procedures and developing work systems.
- Fundamentals and uses of computers in the work of office departments and executive secretaries..
- Practical applications, situations and practices.