Petroleum Tanks Measurement
- This course covers the methods and techniques for accurate measurement of crude oil and refined products. The course provides a fundamental basis in static measurement, principles of operation of the primary dynamic meters and a base knowledge on meter proving and factor calculation as well as the meter/tank ticket calculations.
- Be familiar with oil refinery & terminal operation.
- understand the petroleum static & dynamic measurement.
- Understand the oil accounting, technical auditing, marine insurance, oil trading.
- Understand the principles of static & dynamic petroleum measurement for custody transfer purposes.
Who Should Attend?
- Petroleum Engineering.
- Earth Sciences.
- Anyone who is involved in petroleum static & dynamic measurement.
- Anyone who is involved in oil refinery & terminal operations.
- Petroleum Tanks Measurement.
- An overview on Petroleum Measurement.
- Definition of Terms (Terminology).
- Tanks Measurement (Shore Tank, Ship’s Tank).
- OBQ / ROB Measurements.
- Temperature Measurements.
- Sampling (Manual / Automatic).
- Quantity Calculation.
- Vessel Experience Factor (VEF).
- Pipeline Control.
- Measurement Uncertainties.
- Metering & Meter Proving.
- An overview on Metering.
- Definitions & Abbreviations.
- Metering Accuracy & Uncertainties.
- Fluid Properties.
- Flow Conditions.
- Meter Proving.
- Meter Batch Calculations.
- Meter Proving Calculations.
- Metering Check-List.