Transformers for Power Systems
- This course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the role of transformers in power systems, including a review of basic transformer theory, how to specify transformers, transformer asset management and failure risk reduction, protection, tap-changers, failures and condition monitoring.
To provide understanding the following aspects :
- The critical elements of power transformers.
- Types of electrical protections used in the power transformers.
- The operation of power transformers.
- The maintenance procedures and troubleshooting techniques of power transformers.
Who Should Attend?
- Electrical Engineers/Technicians responsible for the purchase, installation, site commissioning, operation and maintenance of electrical power transformers.
Basic Transformer Theory:
- Principles of design.
- Main classes of equipment.
- Rating principles.
- Principle of operation.
- Development of designs.
- Maintenance and service experience.
Protection for Power Transformers:
- Abnormal conditions.
- Main and back-up protection.
- Protection applications.
Failures and Condition Monitoring of Power Transformers:
- Failure modes.
- Test methods.
- Commissioning, operation, maintenance and repair.